Apprentice Network Engineer
Salary: £250 per week +
Do you have a passion for networking and security?
Baltic Training and Protos Networks are delighted to be recruiting for an Apprentice Network Engineer to join our existing team based in Chester.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great way to get the qualifications and experience needed to start your career. Combining technical training with work experience, becoming an apprentice is the first step to a recognised career path. The digital sector will only continue to grow and an apprenticeship with Baltic will enable you to join this diverse, fast-moving and exciting industry, putting you at the forefront of tomorrow’s world. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
Tasks to be trained in
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Day to day management and monitoring of customer networks and security systems
- Investigating security incidents and vulnerabilities on customer IT systems
- Prioritising support calls and allocating them where required
- Working with Cisco and Cisco Meraki wireless, switching, firewall and cloud security technologies
- Escalating issues to Technical Director
- Managing client relationships ensuring exceptional customer service
Training to be provided
Network Engineer Level 4
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
- CompTIA Network+ (Includes Exam)
- CompTIA Server+ (Includes Exam)
- CompTIA Security+ (Includes Exam)
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to an ever-changing industry
- Ability to know when to make decisions and when to escalate
- Good attention to detail
- Prioritise work in order of importance and urgency
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £250 per week
- Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm
- 30 minute lunch break
- Statuary holidays plus bank holidays
- Additional holiday for you birthday day off
- Company phone and laptop given
Location & Travel
Our modern office is located in Chester. The local bus exchange station is a short walk away as well as frequently ran buses. For those that drive there are local car parks nearby but they are payable.
Baltic Training are one of the only apprenticeship training providers that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. They help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years. Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here (clause P305)
To apply for this role, please apply via the Baltic Training link below.