Network Operations Engineer – £30,000 – £35,000 (DoE) + on-call pay after probation
Due to our growth plans, we are recruiting a Network Operations Engineer to resolve and escalate network and security issues for our clients nationwide and to support senior engineers on customer projects.
If you have 1st – 3rd line support experience and want to learn new technical skills in the network security industry, this could be the perfect role for you. Passion and ambition are essential as the ideal candidate will want to grow and develop themselves as part of a small team with a market leader. We offer a good starting salary and the opportunity to progress and develop as the business grows.
- Raising, handling and resolving customer support requests.
- Diagnosing and resolving network and security issues where possible.
- Escalating incidents to senior staff.
- Monitoring network and security systems for incidents and potential problems.
- Supporting customer project work, configurations and installations.
- Managing client relationships ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Preparing reports and customer proposals for Head of Enterprise Networks to review.
- Developing customer network security policies and carrying out vulnerability assessments.
Skills & Experience
Technologies and Skills:
- Network security technologies (firewalls, network access control, IPS/IDS, DNS security, content filtering).
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies.
- Endpoint, email, cloud and mobile security technologies.
- LAN, WLAN and SD-WAN technologies.
- Cisco network and security technologies (Firepower NGFW/NGIPS, AMP, Umbrella, Meraki, ISE).
Understanding and creating detailed technical documentation such as design documents, network topology diagrams and incident reports.
- Must have a base knowledge of IP networks and information systems.
- Knowledge of information security concepts and solutions.
- CCNA certification, working towards achieving the CCNP certification.
- Eager to learn, succeed and progress in the network security industry.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Knows when to make decisions and when to escalate.
- Ability to build effective customer relationships and to guide and advise people with confidence.
- Attention to detail is essential when entering data or following the support process.
- Prioritises work in order of importance and urgency.
- Valid UK Driving License.
- Security accreditations such as Security+ or CCNA Security
- Experience working with scripting languages such as Python, Bash or Perl
- Experience working with Public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Microsoft Intune, Microsoft 365 and Azure and on-premises Active Directory
- Fully funded training and certification support.
- Competitive starting salary with incremental increases linked to certification progress.
- Private healthcare after 12 months.
- Additional holiday entitlement for birthdays and length of employment.
- Company laptop and mobile.
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply, please send us your CV and a covering email to [email protected]